Fresno Bankruptcy Attorney - Foreclosure
When it comes to preserving assets, the most important possession for many people is their home. If you are behind on your mortgage payments and you are looking for a way to avoid foreclosure, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can be an excellent solution to your financial concerns as a homeowner. By filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you can put a halt to the foreclosure process, giving you time to negotiate with your mortgage lender, and potentially resolve the issue before your home is sold. If you have a second or third mortgage on your home, filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy can potentially eliminate these additional obligations, depending upon your particular situation.
Filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy In Fresno County can help your foreclosure issue in one of several ways:
1. Time to negotiate with the lender - giving you a chance to make payment arrangements on your own.
2. Eliminating non-priority debt - giving you more money to pay back your mortgage lender
3. Renegotiating other loans - again, giving you more favorable repayment terms on your car or personal loans may make it possible for you to continue paying your mortgage
4. Elimination of second or third mortgages - if you do not have enough equity in your home as collateral on these mortgages, you may not have to pay them back
5. Repayment of arrears over time - you can repay your past due mortgage payments over the term of your Chapter 13 repayment plan, so long as you remain current on mortgage payments that come due after you file for bankruptcy.
With the options provided by a Fresno County Chapter 13 bankruptcy, you may be able to avoid foreclosure altogether. In the current economy, lenders have extra incentive to work with you and avoid having another foreclosure on their books. By taking the first step and filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection, you can gain powerful advantages that will minimize your current debt load and make keeping your home easier than trying to go it alone.
If you are facing foreclosure on your Fresno County home, we are here to help you. Contact one of our experienced Fresno County Bankruptcy Lawyers today and get a free, no-risk case evaluation as soon as possible. We will be able to advise you on your options, and help you decide whether or not Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you stay in your home. Don't wait - the sooner you contact our office, the more choices we may be able to provide. Our firm specializes in Fresno County Bankruptcy Law and we fully understand how to work with individual clients to get the best results possible in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing. So schedule your free initial case evaluation today, and get the assistance you deserve.